Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Mostly Good

It's been a good week. Acupunture, even with the students, good. Work retreat, even though I'm not working, good. Camping with husband, dog and friends, good. Chinese herbal medicine - what did I get myself into?

So my acupunturist recommended Chinese herbal medicine. I figure while I'm going the alternative route, I might as well listen to recommendation. I'm still going to the teaching clinic. My lead student was great - easy to talk to and funny, although she said no more soccer. My other student, well, she said no sex during pregnancy, at all. Apparently there are three ways that you can consume Chinese herbal medicine - or at least there are at this clinic. Boiling the things that look like twigs and bark and drinking the liquid; mixing a powder with water and drinking it; or capsuls. The first is the most effective. I thought I could drink anything so I opted for #1. Again, if I'm going to do this stuff, I need to give it my best effort. I'm rethinking this decision. The flavor - bad. Not horrible bad, but still bad enough that I'm trying to find a way to rationalize not drinking more. But, I only have to continue for the rest of the week, then I can go for one of the easier methods of consumption. (The balance between best effort and just getting the stuff down.)

Dr. Chicago and I have been trading voice mail. I did speak to a nurse who said that all of the blood work results seem normal. The calls continue tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?